Tuesday, February 15

Dinner at KRI

Last night I ate a Valentine's Dinner at one of the newest restaurants here in Dumaguete. The place was named KRI (for more details, visit My Purple Spoon). I was with my girlfriend of course, and we just wanted to try out this new place everyone was buzzing about.

We were there at around 8 pm, but there were still a lot of guests eating so we were made to wait for about 15 minutes before having a table. Once we were settled in our seats, the first thing I noticed was that a lot of people were rather enjoying eating there. I looked around and found that the place was not that big, not more than 20 tables I guess, but it was rather neat and the colors inside were bright and the lighting was quite cool (not too bright, not too dark either). I had been expecting that the food would taste great, because of rather fine ambiance that the restaurant was emanating. 

We placed our orders for their Chicken of the Week special, expecting that the food would be served as quickly as possible, but like some of the other restaurants here in Dumaguete, it took quite a while for our food to be served. Upon tasting it, all I can say is that the wait was worth it. The food had so much flavors in it and it was quite a rush just tasting so many flavors after each mouthful. Though my girlfriend wasn't quite satisfied (she dislikes food with not so usual tastes), I'm sure she did quite enjoy herself, at least I'm hoping she did.

Here are some pictures of our escapade:








Too bad we weren't able to take pictures of the food. Sigh...

0 comments: